“…photography: the paying of attention, the capturing of time.”
~ Lauren Groff, Arcadia
I usually think of October as our month of crisp, blue skies, and this year, November was the real star. We had the most glorious fall I can remember. It was another month of staying close to home, save the gathering at Katie’s on the 6th to celebrate fall birthdays, and a trip into town on the 18th that afforded that gorgeous cityscape sunset. We had our first freeze and my tires didn’t like the cold one bit – the tire pressure warning light came on the 19th. Sara and I made easy work of Thanksgiving dinner and celebrated with a pre-dinner toast. and the twinkle lights and decorations eased the transition into December.
A Gratitude List: an absolutely glorious fall, no more colonoscopies for five whole years!, booster shots for the adults and first shots for the little boys, my knee is finally better, a new church leadership role.
Life Draining: sleepless nights, recurring breathing issues for Holly.
Life Giving: twinkle lights, candles, winter playlists, all the birthday greetings, good colonoscopy results, naps, re-working my Faith Statement (to assume that church leadership role).
A (short) Happy List:
- World Series WINNERS!
- Watching all the Friends Thanksgiving episodes with Sara. and Grantchester with Marc.
- Having the house decorated in time for Advent.
- Sharing deep dives into gratitude here on the blog.
- Sweater (knitting) weather.
- A new set of favorite photos with me and the little boys (thanks to Katie from November 6)
- and capturing Sam, making his wish for turning five.
What made your happy list last month?