There’s a new section on the sidebar to the right for this year’s Summer Book Bingo. The cards are ready – it’s time to start planning!
And since it’s Thursday, here are three things you need to know about this year’s Summer Book Bingo:
1. Books you finish between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend count. This year that means books you finish May 26 – September 3. This might be a great opportunity to finish books you started a while back … or you could simply get a headstart by starting now and “finishing” Memorial Day Weekend.
2. You get to interpret the relevance of the square to the book. You won’t need to defend your book choice … but I’m hoping that’s because you won’t need to. That said, I’m expecting that you’ll read a book that matches the square. One of the reasons I host this challenge is to post a list of categories that inspire our reading. Summer reading should not be a slog! To that end, I deleted “A Collection of Short Stories” (as promised). And thanks to a suggestion from Juliann, I added “With a cover that matches a current WIP” (fun!).
This year, we have 98 categories. Some of my lifetime favorite books have been books I read – initially with a little hesitation – as part of this challenge in previous years. I wish the same discovery and satisfaction for you.
3. Each book you read counts for one square, so a “full” bingo card means you read a book for all 25 squares on your card. Yep, even the free space in the middle – but you can read any book you want for that square.
…and two more:
1. I checked Instagram this morning and the tag #2018SummerBookBingo is available.
2. All of these things are documented in the rules, linked in the sidebar.
Here’s to another great summer of books and reading – and sharing about our plans, progress and accomplishments!
Head on over to Carole’s for more Three on Thursday posts.
17 thoughts on “Three on Thursday | 2018 Summer Book Bingo!”
I think it's great that you host this. I wish I could participate but with my 65+ hours a week summer work schedule, I don't get much reading time.
This makes my day! I am so excited to get my bingo card! Thanks
Oh boy! I love planning books to read for summer bingo!
I've got a card now we'll see what happens! Thanks for hosting, Mary!
I’m going to try!
I can't wait! I saved not one but two cards! Eeep! Now, which will I pick???
Uh-oh! I just got done explaining to a friend why I couldn't take on one more thing this summer, but I completely forgot about Book Bingo! I may just have to do a card, give it a try, and see what happens. It's not like I'm going to stop reading this summer, no matter how busy things get. 🙂 Thanks for hosting!
Glad you are hosting Mary! I am up in the air about joining in. I ended up disliking my card so much last year – lol. I may print a card and just see what happens (I don't want it to turn into a chore – that's definitely NOT the point!).
LOL – the Card Generator site is blocked for me at work! I'll see what I come up with over the weekend at home.
Thank-you for hosting Mary! This is a highlight of the summer!
I'm in! Thank your for taking charge of our summer reading once again, it's greatly appreciated.
Hooray for book bingo!
yay! so glad you're going to join in!
I'm joining in for real this summer and having a lot of fun planning my summer reading! Thank you so much for doing this, Mary!
Can't wait to start planning!
I'm going to give it a try!! Thanks for hosting!!
Comments are closed.