|from my journal|
My morning devotion, from These Days, was based on Psalm 103. The first verse – copied above – sums up perfectly my feelings this morning.
Yesterday was scary, but we are all ok:
- Mother’s power came back last night; Betty and her friend left early this morning to return to their homes in North Palm Beach.
- The sideways rain and wind showed up a leak in our porch roof that let water into our living room. And there are two big pine trees in the back yard that will hopefully be gone before we have another storm. Otherwise, we are just two tired folks (with one not-so-happy little dog).
- Katie lost power yesterday afternoon and it’s still not back on. With two little ones – and two working parents – that’s the biggest concern for us right now.
- Charlie’s home in Beaufort is ok (I haven’t heard about the church).
- Many of you heard yesterday from friends and family in Irma-affected areas; all are safe.
Indeed, All Are Safe seems a most appropriate beginning for a gratitude alphabet today.
Thank you all from the bottom of my grateful heart for your prayers and concern. I trust our continued support will give those who have been impacted and lost much courage, strength and lighter hearts. xo – M.
12 thoughts on “With a Grateful Heart.”
All Are Safe is a wonderful sentence. I hope Katie's power is back on soon!
I'm very glad that all are safe, and I hope leaks are repaired, trees removed, and Katie's power is back on soon. My aunt and cousins in FL have been told that it may be four weeks before their power is restored, but they are safe, and all shall be well (eventually).
Great post! So glad that All are Safe and hoping Katie's power is back pronto.
All are safe is a very good reminder to be grateful! Hope the power comes back on soon!
Glad to hear that everyone has made it through. Hoping that the power returns too for your family. You'll probably never have sideways rain like that again …
so glad you and yours are safe and sound. I pray your daughter's electricity comes back on soon!
I am sharing your joy and singing praises for all this morning.
Glad to hear all is well, especially for the FL folk. Hopefully Charlie and family will be back to normal soon.
Yes, grateful indeed. I was glad Sophie didn't "hear" the wind so she managed pretty well; even when the wind was blowing her ears away from her face.
I'm so happy that you are all safe! You all have been in my thoughts for days. So much to be grateful for. XOXO I hope poor Katie's power is restored quickly — because what a pain in the butt.
It is hard to imagine what it must have been like for you. The devastation is even more unimaginable. My heart goes out to all (my $$, too). Hopefully, you repair work will be quickly done and life will be back to normal very soon. xo
Comments are closed.