So glad Carole’s back from the Big Apple to inspire another installment of Ten on Tuesday. Today we’re sharing Favorite Things Right Now. Here’s my list:
1. Tuesday with Charlie at seventeen months. Y’all know I could write a whole post about this…so for today, just these photos.
3. Apple Music, especially the For You curated play lists. I’m listening to Sara Bareilles as I type this…and yeah, I love that Apple knows me this well.
4. Athleta. I treated myself to some “comfortable” clothes before I left for Florida last month. Best wardrobe refresh ever.
5. An easier make-up routine, also thanks to my weeks in Florida. Except for that pop of lip color – it just came out this past weekend…because Spring.
6. My current knitting….and what I’m planning to knit next. blog post coming, I promise!
7. Mah Jong. another blog post coming! (but here’s a teaser – I took a class… and I won the first real game I played.)
8. Sarah MacLean’s regency romances. I binged through The Rules of Scoundrels and I have the first Love by Numbers ready to go on my Kindle.
9. Downton Abbey’s last season. I was a huge fan when the show began, but that season when Matthew died really threw me. I half-heartedly watched the next season and didn’t even bother with the one after that. Until all the hype about this last season started. When Marc went to Asia in January, I caught up on everything I’d missed and watched the first two episodes of this season. And this past weekend, I caught up on this season and watched episode 8. Only one episode left…
10. Being back here. This community is a huge part of me and I’m grateful for all the support and encouragement you’ve shared these past few months. I’ve missed the routine of posting and hope I’m ready to resume on a (somewhat…more…) regular basis.
Prompts like this are also a favorite. I look forward to reading what y’all have shared… and all the smiles. Thank you, Carole!
Click here to join the Ten on Tuesday fun!
7 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday | Today’s Favorites.”
This is such a wonderful list, Mary, and I am SO glad you are back. I love Apple Music, too, and now it works with my Sonos speakers and that's even better.
Wonderful favorites, as I knew they would include Charlie and knitting! Your current knitting looks squishably lovely, and I would never have guessed that a Mah Jong class was a thing. I'm looking forward to hearing about it. I'm not sure how I feel about this season of DA. The clothes are stunning; I'm happy for Mr. Molesly, but Edith and Mary …? I'm not sure they can wrap this up well in only one more episode, but of course I'll watch!
You were missed, too, Mary, and we missed Charlie! I've been a Downton fan all along, although I admit it was sometimes tough. I'm glad this is the last season and it looks like a happily ever after kind of ending. I watch mostly for the clothes (as Bonny says).
17 months-hard to believe! Right now I still feel like I am in a helicopter just hoovering ahead until I find a place to land [for a couple years I hope!]
So grand to see (y)our guy Charlie…and your knitting…curious about the big Knitting post. Mah Jong? And you are one of our favorites too! Yah know…jus' sayin'Cheers~
Lots of good things in this post! The clothes do look comfortable – might just make a purchase – the knitting is looking pretty – I'm intrigued by the books and of course…Charlie. 🙂
Charlie is looking very toddlerish! I need to learn to play Mah Jong; I know the online version is nothing like the real thing. As for Downton, I've loved it for the most part, but sometimes a bit boring. But not the costumes! I was lucky to see some of them in person in a special exhibit at Winterthur in Delaware. Amazing! In was a bit surprised to read that the actresses who play Mary & Edith are close friends!
Comments are closed.