…today, Carole’s asked us to share ten things we did this year that we are proud of.
|from last December – the image that prompted me to choose Present for this year’s word|
In no particular order, here are mine:
1. Followed through with my Present intentions (mostly, on most days anyway) … as I look over the rest of this list, I’m happy to see elements of those intentions in all of them.
2. Tuesdays with Charlie. and yay – I get to continue them into 2016!
3. Daily yoga
4. and 10,000 steps.
5. I credit both of those with helping me recover from elbow and hamstring injuries (and getting me in better shape to be 50-something years old).
6. Reading a lot of books. I completed Book Riot’s Read Harder Challenge and another round of BotNS Bingo. Both expanded my reading world into new genres (Romance, Non-fiction, even Fantasy) and gave me different perspectives on themes I’d previously avoided (racism, domestic violence, poverty, science 🙂 … and I enjoyed nearly all of it. I’m actually setting a goal to read less in 2016…but to continue to read harder. Stay tuned for more on my plans for the 2016 Read Harder Challenge.
7. Blogging more. This post is my 205th for the year, so I’ll end the year with 207. I’m planning to continue posting at least five days a week from here on out. This platform is hands-down my favorite way to share photos and updates with friends and family … and I love being part of such a warm, caring and fun on-line community!
8. Bi-weekly newsletters for the shop. The feedback we’re getting from customers, vendors and designers has been really positive … and I’m finally starting to enjoy more than dread “Newsletter Thursdays”.
9. Connecting and re-connecting with extended family members…cousins and an aunt…and looking forward to nurturing those relationships more in the coming year.
10. Finding my niche at church. I began the year a bit over-extended, but I’ve successfully handed off the leadership role for my women’s circle and teaching high school Sunday school and ended my three-year term as a Deacon. Which leaves me with the Prayer Shawl Ministry…and it’s thriving!
…and whew. Thank you, Carole for the chance to look back on so many positives from 2015. I look forward to sharing more in everyone else’s successes, too. Click here if you aren’t already part of the Ten on Tuesday fun!
7 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday | Looking back with Pride.”
That is quite a list of positives from 2015 ~ you should be proud! Your blog always inspires me in some way and today's post was no exception. Trying to come up with my own list…well, instead of having regrets and wondering what I accomplished this year, I'm inspired to make 2016 better.
Wow. Now there is a year well-lived. Wishing you every success in the year ahead too …
Your year was wonderful, Mary. I love that picture of Charlie and you – it really shows how he has grown but his little face is so much the same. #7 makes me so happy!
You filled your year with things you certainly deserve to be proud of! I'm seeing lots of nurturing relationships – with family, church, the shop blogging, and Charlie! That's always a good thing and I wish you more in 2016.
I'm so impressed with your list of 10 accomplishments. You deserve to be loud and proud about all you've done in 2015! May 2016 be full of joy and passion!
I spent too much time in 2015 holding my breath-hopefully in 2016 I'll be able to exhale. I am looking forward to more challenging reading.
Oh, that photo!! It's so fun to look back at the kiddos… so much growth in a year! Happy New Year!!
Comments are closed.