…and just like that, another summer’s come and gone. Today, Carole’s asked us to share highlights from Labor Day Weekend – I’m happy to oblige!
|splash pad, chocolate croissant, post-shopping toast…and happy 21st!|
1. Wove in 100 ends (which ended up being more like 220 by the time I split those last 40 into four pieces to bury the ends deep into the yarn – machine washing isn’t for sissies).
3. Celebrated successful quilt shopping with a glass of wine and lunch at Leon’s Full Service.
4. Skipped church to join Katie and Charlie for cappucinos (just us grown-ups), quiche and a chocolate croissant – Charlie’s first! … not sure exactly what he thinks.
5. Followed by a walk around our new city center and a quick “splash” in the splash pad…not sure what he thinks about that either!
6. Took a Sewing 101 class at Joann’s. I haven’t sewed in about 20 years – happy to report t’s a bit like riding a bicycle.
7. Took my first yoga class at the Y since May 8. (happy I can move today, but know that my abs are talking to me 😉
8. Joined my niece and a few other family and friends for her 21st birthday celebration (yes, that’s Lambrusco upside down in the margarita…she loved it!)
9. Then, shared a bottle of wine with my neighbor Michele…just catching up.
10. …and finally, went to bed at 8:30…nothing like eight-plus hours of sleep to get me ready for another Tuesday with Charlie!
|this afternoon in Michele’s pool|
Hope your weekend was a good one, too! Click here to join the Ten on Tuesday fun.