…Carole’s suggested topic this week is things that we’re feeling good about. That should be easy (provided we don’t linger too long on those scary numbers I shared on Friday) and I’m not even gonna make this ten photos of Charlie!
1. But I will share one. This is from Sunday. I feel good that I can see Charlie and his mama nearly every day. (and oh my, that little curl on the top of his head!)
2. Inspired in large part by Dinner: A Love Story, I haven’t had popcorn for dinner in days. Friday night wasn’t going to be anything special, but turned out I had all the ingredients for a roasted shrimp caesar salad. (and there was enough leftover for my dinner last night).
3. Loving my exercise routine right now. It’s a mix of running and long walks (with a friend and/or Holly), yoga and pilates. Saturday morning was just me and Holly (and Wonder Boys on Audible) for a four mile walk. It was also nice that Georgia Tech beat Pittsburgh Saturday afternoon…I’m sure because Holly had her spirit wear on!
4. Getting Sara’s birthday package mailed off on time (this is the first year I’ve had to mail presents.)
5. Holiday knitting plans. Yes, I know it’s not even November yet (so remind me I wrote this on October 28) and maybe too soon to have any sort of confidence. But I’ve scaled things WAY back this year. Hopefully I won’t be madly finishing on Christmas Eve.
6. 35 more hours to go on Voyager (aka Outlander #3) on Audible. I started it late Sunday and oh my, it’s good! It also means I’m making lots of time for needlepoint and knitting!
7. This is my Lindsay coat, blocking. I promised to have it finished by November 3. Once it’s dry (and it almost is) I have to seam the sleeves, pickup and knit the collar, and knit on the cuffs. I think it’s really doable. …like I might even be able to wear it this weekend?
8. That extra hour Sunday morning. Seems like my Sunday mornings are always rushed so it will be nice to slow down a bit.
9. My Halloween plans. Just like last year (even down to the snack I plan to share), except that I have a very fun fascinator to wear instead of a witch’s hat. (stay tuned for a photo!)
10. A good balance between blogging and Instagram. Also, my new daily photo routine. I stopped the FMS prompts this month and I’ve found myself taking more photos, not less! I’ve also not felt compelled to share every day on Instagram and I think that’s been nice for the blog. to be continued, for sure!
Now it’s your turn – what are you feeling good about these days?
9 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday | Feeling Good.”
I always feel good about Instagram. I can't wait to see your Lindsay coat. It looks good in pieces already!
You have lots to feel good about – and a new finished sweater, too!!
Charlie, that delicious-looking salad, a great sweater, knitting, a good book – your whole list has made me feel good, especially your reminder of that extra hour on Sunday!
Always love seeing Holly and Charlie on the blog. Thank you for the reminder that we'll have an extra hour on Sunday, which means I might get everything accomplished I need to. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful sweater and seeing more of you here.
I can't wait to see your sweater! Looks like lots of great things going on these days Mary!
Totally didn't know about the time change on Sunday-am feeling really good about that!
I continue to be enthralled by your grandson. He's been so alert, from the beginning. When I scrolled down to the next picture, my immediate reaction was — she's already making that food for him! Duh.
So much to feel good about! I'm looking forward to seeing modeled shots of your new sweater — it looks GREAT! And that little curl? Oh, just melting here! XO
Feeling good that October is going out in grand style – I think all months should end on Fridays! I've had a full month and actually pretty much kept up with #fms most of the month. Love the photo of Charlie and so happy for you that you get to spend so much quality time with him. What a treat for you both! Bring on Nov! And enjoy your extra hour.Cheers~
Comments are closed.