|captured just as I started typing this post|
…I can’t help but wonder if Carole’s prompt this week – about Loving Winter – might’ve jinxed us. For the first time all season, we are supposed to get real snow today. The kind that sticks on the ground and makes a mess. Snow is one of my least favorite things about winter. I do, however, love many things about this season:
1. sweaters. all the knitwear. all the knitting. this is truly our season!
3. fires in the fireplace.
|on the sofa table|
4. candles and glittered pinecones.
5. comfort food, as in oven-roasted anything and hot soups, especially from the slow cooker.
7. the clean landscape. green leaves are pretty, but bare branches have a special beauty.
|from this morning’s walk|
8. my uggs and Holly’s pink coat. (that coat makes me smile every time!)
10. …and spring is just around the corner!
5 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday | Loving Winter.”
Years ago I was in Atlanta when it received 8" of snow. It shut everything down for a day or two as there was no way to deal with that amount of snow. As Utahan's we were amazed. Cozy-ing up in winter is the best way to enjoy and survive!
I'm ready for spring but I'm trying to enjoy what we have right now. I don't mind snow so long as I don't have to shovel it but I hate the bitter cold and wind.
That forecast for 61 on Sat. looks like a dream to me. We have been in deep freeze here in IL…the high today was a balmy 5 degrees!
Hoping that if you did get the real stuff, it hasn't stopped you from enjoying the beauty of the outdoors. I love the lean spareness of winter too.
i'm on board with most of your list. for me I'd rather be outside rather than in, i begin to feel emotionally smothered after a while. Sophie apparently loves the winter, so it's never a short walk, but a long leisurely stroll. So no matter how many layers, I feel like a popsicle.
Comments are closed.