…yep, it started out great back in december with the warm glow of twinkle lights and thoughts of family time. but nearly three months later, it’s over. winter and I, we definitely have a love/hate relationship. on the love side is cozy fun for the holidays, handknit sweaters and cowls, cracking fires. and on the hate side is this.
|the view from my screened porch at 7:00am|
a cold, wet, dark tuesday morning in late february. I’m calling it quits. what a great prompt, Carole! here are my top ten reasons I’m over winter:
1. see above. cold, wet, ugh.
2. ready for longer days and lighter mornings (I hate that daylight savings time starts in two weeks and takes us back to the dark early).
3. spring. and easter. and sun.
4. I want to see color! there are bits of pink and yellow popping up and I love that, but green and red and purple and blue would be good too. (basically, I’m tired of brown and gray.)
5. I run better in shorts. outside.
6. the house next door is under construction. it’s supposed to close in early march. I can’t wait for the mud and the noise to be over.
7. I want to enjoy our screened in porch. it faces east and I’m looking forward to early morning coffee with my sunrise.
8. I’m done with “cozy” food and ready for “light”.
9. skirts and cropped pants with flats instead of boots. …and a bright pink pedicure!
10. an open sunroof.
yes, this is really a list of what I’m looking forward to for spring. and I don’t even have to list real winter things like snowbanks melting, and ice thawing. (I do live in atlanta!)
what about winter will you be happy to say goodbye to?
12 thoughts on “just go already, will ya.”
Longer days – yes!
I think it's just been a long cold and snowy winter for all of us and our patience has run out. Bring on the Spring weather please!
maybe someone heard my whining…today is warm (temps in the 50s right now) and sunshine-y.
yep, all this. while i don't have a house under construction next to me, the dog park is more often than not a big mud puddle which means a rinse off in the drive way for sophie (not fun for either of us). am ready for caprese salads, grilled seafood, white wine and peaches. flats with no legwear too.
ugh muddy puppies are the worst. well….maybe not quite so bad as muddy-from-the-golfcourse husbands!
I can really relate to moving from hearty (cozy) meals to light ones. Chinese chicken salad, please. Flip-flops instead of boots? Oh, yeah.
yummm….chinese chicken salad sounds tasty.
I'm mostly tired of the brown and the grey landscape, I think. Bring on the GREEN!
Our lists are similar. I love to prepare my house for Easter dinner…even more than preparing for Christmas! So much hope! So many pretty colors!
that sounds delightful. spring colors are so much fun!
Ready for warm porch or deck sits – so good for the soul!
Comments are closed.