…yep, it started out great back in december with the warm glow of twinkle lights and thoughts of family time. but nearly three months later, it’s over. winter and I, we definitely have a love/hate relationship. on the love side is cozy fun for the holidays, handknit sweaters and cowls, cracking fires. and on the hate side is this.
|the view from my screened porch at 7:00am|
a cold, wet, dark tuesday morning in late february. I’m calling it quits. what a great prompt, Carole! here are my top ten reasons I’m over winter:
1. see above. cold, wet, ugh.
2. ready for longer days and lighter mornings (I hate that daylight savings time starts in two weeks and takes us back to the dark early).
3. spring. and easter. and sun.
5. I run better in shorts. outside.
6. the house next door is under construction. it’s supposed to close in early march. I can’t wait for the mud and the noise to be over.
7. I want to enjoy our screened in porch. it faces east and I’m looking forward to early morning coffee with my sunrise.
8. I’m done with “cozy” food and ready for “light”.
9. skirts and cropped pants with flats instead of boots. …and a bright pink pedicure!
10. an open sunroof.
yes, this is really a list of what I’m looking forward to for spring. and I don’t even have to list real winter things like snowbanks melting, and ice thawing. (I do live in atlanta!)
what about winter will you be happy to say goodbye to?