…no surprise, carole’s prompt today is about being thankful. and of course it’s a list of only ten things. no way I can be complete, so I’ve decided to be quick. ten things for which I am thankful right this minute.
1. my husband. I’ve known him for over 33 years and we’ve been married for 29 years (yesterday). I can’t imagine my life without him, or…
2. my daughters. I hate to list them together because they are two very different people but for this list, they count as one! I know I am truly blessed to have grown daughters who count me as friends. every day, they make me want to be the best person I can be. and right this minute, I’m thankful that they’re covering me while I get my bumpers fixed!
3. holly… sitting in my lap as I type this. warm. cozy.
4. my health. whew! I celebrated my 50th birthday this past weekend with a few long walks. and I’m training to run a half marathon in march. exercise keeps me sane…and fit!
5. my family. love that my sister and sister-in-law are friends more than family. and that my parents and brother and neices and nephew (the one who’s still at home) came for my birthday party. I hope someone took photos of the people…mine are (almost all) all of the drinks and decor.
6. my friends. ok, yeah, that birthday thing again. but really, it makes me realize how many friends I have. and how much I love them for loving me!
7. the weather. we had a really hot summer and we might still have a cold winter, but so far, our fall has been beautiful. they’re predicting highs in the 60’s for thanksgiving day. and the trees still have a few colorful leaves.
8. plenty of food. marc and I are diligently working through the weekend’s leftovers to make room for more come thursday. more than enough is an easier “problem” than the not enough so many have.
9. this on-line community. I’ve been away a bit these past two months and I’ve missed it. it’s special to share pieces of my life with y’all and have the opportunity to see pieces of yours too.
10. icloud. ok, you knew I’d get to something technology and mac-related at some point? right before we moved (in fact the day the movers came!) I upgraded my mac software so my phone and ipad and laptop could all share…contacts, calendar, photos, notes… it has been a lifesaver these past few weeks that I have ONE version of everything accessible from any of my favorite devices.
ok there you have it. a little bit sweet. a little bit silly. and a lot to be thankful for! how about you?