…happy to be back with carole today, but surprised how hard it was to come up with this list. of course the first two were easy.
1. poached eggs. I really want to love eggs benedict, but it’s hard when I don’t like poached eggs.
then after that first cup of coffee (with hot skim milk thank you very much), I came up with a few more.
|last summer’s herb “garden”|
3. gardening. my mom and my sister are so good at it, and many of the blogs I read are filled with lovely gardens (kym and kristen are two of my favorites). but I can’t manage more than a few pots of annuals and herbs. and this year, I haven’t even managed that!
4. driving. living in suburban atlanta, driving is necessary. I’d much rather walk, or ride a bike. …although I must admit the hour plus I spent in the car this morning after I dropped katie at the airport wasn’t bad despite the rush hour traffic. because I had podcasts to listen to. the yarniacs, doubleknit, fresh air and craft lit. I was actually sorry to pull into the garage!
5. showering at night. so I could have more time in the morning, but I have hair that just doesn’t “do” after a night’s sleep.
but these last five were hard.
6. crochet. yeah, I’ll do it if I have to, but if I liked it, I’d make this beautiful blanket.
7. non-fiction books.
9. magic loop. so I wouldn’t have to worry about my dpn’s coming out of my socks. (shoot, why not get crazy and say toe-up socks, too, because then I’d never worry about running out of yarn for the toes…but let’s face it, I’m a cuff-down dpn sock knitter!)
10. playing games.
…I’m smiling thinking about the me that would be if I really did like these ten things. very different. and as a package, I’m really not sure how I’d feel about myself. I think I’d be better off taking just a couple than all ten at once!
|click here to join the ten on tuesday fun!|