…happy to be back with carole today, but surprised how hard it was to come up with this list. of course the first two were easy.
1. poached eggs. I really want to love eggs benedict, but it’s hard when I don’t like poached eggs.
then after that first cup of coffee (with hot skim milk thank you very much), I came up with a few more.
|last summer’s herb “garden”|
3. gardening. my mom and my sister are so good at it, and many of the blogs I read are filled with lovely gardens (kym and kristen are two of my favorites). but I can’t manage more than a few pots of annuals and herbs. and this year, I haven’t even managed that!
4. driving. living in suburban atlanta, driving is necessary. I’d much rather walk, or ride a bike. …although I must admit the hour plus I spent in the car this morning after I dropped katie at the airport wasn’t bad despite the rush hour traffic. because I had podcasts to listen to. the yarniacs, doubleknit, fresh air and craft lit. I was actually sorry to pull into the garage!
5. showering at night. so I could have more time in the morning, but I have hair that just doesn’t “do” after a night’s sleep.
but these last five were hard.
6. crochet. yeah, I’ll do it if I have to, but if I liked it, I’d make this beautiful blanket.
7. non-fiction books.
9. magic loop. so I wouldn’t have to worry about my dpn’s coming out of my socks. (shoot, why not get crazy and say toe-up socks, too, because then I’d never worry about running out of yarn for the toes…but let’s face it, I’m a cuff-down dpn sock knitter!)
10. playing games.
…I’m smiling thinking about the me that would be if I really did like these ten things. very different. and as a package, I’m really not sure how I’d feel about myself. I think I’d be better off taking just a couple than all ten at once!
|click here to join the ten on tuesday fun!|
12 thoughts on “ten things I wish I liked.”
Black coffee was on my list too! I forgot about the eggs though. I don't eat them at all. I wish I loved gardening. I am trying, but would rather spend my time knitting or spinning.Maybe when I retire…
I'm not a games player either. Except for tennis in my pre-knee surgery days. I don't get the whole Angry Birds phenomenon at all. Saves on battery life, though.
Learning to like poached eggs…more on the hard side than not. Can't crochet, either…just can't seem to get the knack…fun list.Cheers~
oh i can relate to many of these-i do shower at night and wash my hair in the morning-i think i sleep better. if i didn't knit or sew i'd probably be a more die hard gardener.
I love poached eggs and black coffee!
I do love poached eggs but no black coffee for me. I've tried too, I hear it takes three days. I don't believe it! 😉 And my hair won't do either!
Great list – happy ToT!
I don't like driving if it will take longer than about an hour…I'd rather be knitting!
great list! have always yearned for #5 and completely agree with 1, 2, and 7!
Ohhh! I forgot games! I'm not a game player either! (I also don't like to camp. At all. But I will go as far as to say that I don't even WISH I liked it. . . )(And black coffee. . . only if I'm desperate.)
I popped onto Kristen and was shocked to see it was me! Oh thank you, I am blushing!It's so funny, the first three I am in love with, the last 7, I am so with you! I would add one more thing, golf, my hubbie would be so happy if I liked it.
I'm with you on eight of them. I, however, love black coffee and gardening. I really, really dislike game playing…such a time-waster!
Comments are closed.