…I bought new jeans on saturday. I left the house in a pair of jeans that were uncomfortably tight, thinking if I had time, I’d stop and buy some that fit. and wear them out of the store. luck was with me. I had a few minutes and jeans were on sale at white house black market and ann taylor. I bought four pair (yikes!!) and walked out of ann taylor wearing new jeans. that fit…whew!!
but it was the bag from white house black market that caught my eye today (when I finally put away my saturday purchases). on both ends it says “feel beautiful”. I love that. because beautiful really is as much about – and maybe even more? – how you feel than how you look.
so I cut up the bag, pasted it in my journal and thought about ways to feel beautiful.
1. SMILE! it brightens my face and my eyes…and it’s contagious.
2. wear clothes that fit. even better if they flatter (I am a huge fan of what not to wear 🙂 but fit is key. too tight = uncomfortable and too loose = really, let’s tell our best story!
3. mascara and lip gloss. and lately, a pale pink manicure.
4. “high” heels. in quotation marks because for me, high is about 2, maybe 2-1/2 inches! but something about that little bit of extra height, a little bit up on my toes…it feels beautiful.
5. tell someone else they’re beautiful. brighten their day and bring a smile to their face. it reflects back.
6. give yourself a bouquet of flowers.
8. watch a chick flick.
9. work out. sweat. feel strong!
10. get a dog. mine makes me feel like I’ve hung the moon. even when I’m in my pj’s and haven’t brushed my teeth!
what makes you feel beautiful?
10 thoughts on “feel beautiful.”
i love your list. beautiful is certainly more of a state of mind than outward appearance.and the new banner is GREAT!!
All of these things make me feel beautiful! And I'm sure it's not a coincidence 🙂 LOVE this post!
Yep, these things make me feel beautiful, too! I was reading a blog the other day and the author talked about being "size healthy" – love that, too!
a great fitting pair of jeans for sure, chanel #5, and when others compliment how wonderful my boys are-feeling beautiful is such a state of mind.
Wonderful list. I feel beautiful when I have a good hair day and I'm wearing a new outfit.
I think the lip gloss thing goes a long way to brighten up the face! Great list Mary and it's so true feeling good makes all the difference in the world!
reading this post makes me feel beautiful – love all the different takes and that you've got my wheels churningas I come up with my own list. TBC…Cheers~
GREAT LIST. Long hair ….I just feel prettier with long hair…just like you: Good fitting clothes…even if I have to admit to a size 14WHITE teeth… a must. I drink way too much coffee
ahhh…long hair – not in the cards for this curly haired girl, but white teeth -yes! (I use a whitening rinse to help with not only way too much coffee, but also red wine!)
I took your example and went jeans shopping but ended up at Chico's and bought faux jeans that stretch and fit and are so comfortable. I bought several different styles and color. Buying them there might certify me as elderly, but they are SO comfortable!
Comments are closed.